INTRODUCTION – HGV MECHANIC:
The opportunity to join a professional workshop and carry out the service, maintenance and repairs to HGV’s and other vehicles.
BENEFITS FOR OUR HGV MECHANICS
- Permanent – Monday-Friday; 7:00am-6:00pm with overtime available
- Excellent rate of pay and package available – dependent on experience.
- 5.6 weeks (28 days) holiday per year. This includes the 8 statutory public/bank holidays as normally recognised by England.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Training, development and progression within the company.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES FOR OUR HGV MECHANICS
- Carry out and arrange routine inspections & maintenance of all vehicles to VOSA standards.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken in line with health & safety requirements.
- Organising or attending vehicle breakdowns and callouts.
- Ensure all vehicle records are up to date.
- Order the necessary parts and liaise with suppliers.
- Tyre management.
- Run to a set monthly budget.
REQUIREMENTS OF OUR HGV MECHANICS
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with HGV’s (minimum of 2 years experience).
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and willing to carry out other duties when required.
- Past experience of working with Volvo, Renault & Scania HGV’s.
- The ability to work under pressure and use initiative in a hands on environment.
- Experience in vehicle diagnostics.
- Conversant with the running gear on semi trailers.
- Experience of working with Plant & Equipment.
- Clean Class 1 & 2 driving license.
- Awareness of health & Safety requirements.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.