INTRODUCTION – TRANSPORT PLANNER
Biker Group’s Haulage Division specialises in the transportation of sand & aggregates to the construction and related industries. In addition to a superb fleet, the division is also supported by highly experienced traffic managers and the use of sophisticated GPS technology. We are currently looking for an experienced individual to join our team of planners at our Leyburn office.
- Permanent – very good hours available.
- Excellent pay structure – dependent on experience.
- 6 weeks (28 days) holiday per year. This includes the 8 statutory public/bank holidays as normally recognised by England.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Training and development within the company.
DAY TO DAY:
- Ensuring our customers receive the highest standards of customer service.
- Planning and routing loads.
- Sourcing Backloads.
- The efficient planning of a varied fleet of vehicles to ensure maximum profitability.
- Communicating with drivers, customers and Sub-Contractors.
- Accurately process jobs within transport management software.
- Provide quotations for customers.
- Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
- Previous experience working in routing and planning a fleet of vehicles.
- Experience in planning the transportation of sand & aggregatesto the construction and related industries.
- Strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment.
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ambitious, organised and driven.
The ability to build relationships with customers.