INTRODUCTION – SENIOR ESTIMATOR / QUANTITY SURVEYOR
With over four decades of experience, Biker Group are renowned for producing building work of the highest quality. We have an enviable reputation for working on a diverse range of projects for both public & private sector. We do not simply “build”. We listen carefully to our clients to interpret their visions. We observe specifications but also share ideas. Emphasis is placed heavily on teamwork to work in close collaboration with our clients to deliver projects enjoyably, efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- Competitive salary.
- 5.6 weeks (28 days) holiday per year. This includes the 8 statutory public/bank holidays as normally recognised by England.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
DAY TO DAY:
- Managing all aspects of the estimating and tendering process of exclusive high end building projects, site and bench joinery.
- Manage projects from tender stage through to completion and final accounts.
- Measure and value work.
- Ensuring the correct allocation of labour and plant plus the procurement of materials.
- Maintaining professional and cost effective control of procurement and labour including subcontractors.
- Comprehensive site surveys to ensure a high level of detail is obtained and maximise the efficiency that can be offered to clients.
- Liaise with the client and attend site meetings as required.
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt.
- Identifying and producing variations to contracts.
- Preparation & submission of invoices & final accounts for project works.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and other project professionals.
- Pursue opportunities to obtain new tender documents – Business Development.
- High standard of knowledge in quantity surveying and estimating of refurbishments, prestige new builds, bespoke joinery & site joinery.
- Qualified to a high standard in estimating and/or quantity surveying of refurbishment projects.
- Able to work as part of a team focused on producing a high quality project managed safely, on time and to budget.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract, especially the JCT contract range.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- To be self motivated with the ability to use and work under own initiative.
- The ability to respond promptly to external and internal demands.
- Demonstrate clear commercial awareness.
This job is based in Leyburn, please check your travelling times before you apply.
Job Type: Full-time