INTRODUCTION – CONCRETE COORDINATOR
Biker Group’s Concrete Division specialises in the supply and delivery of both ready-mix concrete and volumetric concrete across North Yorkshire and the North East. We use the latest technology and mixing methods to produce a high quality, fresh concrete product and have an enviable reputation for service.
Due to continued growth we are currently looking to add an experienced individual to our concrete team based at our Thirsk office to work alongside the department’s manager.
- Excellent pay structure – dependent on experience.
- 6 weeks (28 days) holiday per year. This includes the 8 statutory public/bank holidays as normally recognised by England.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Training and development within the company.
- Company vehicle provided.
DAY TO DAY:
- Ensuring our customers receive the highest standards of customer service.
- Assisting with the planning and routing of loads.
- Quality control.
- The efficient planning and shipping of a varied fleet of vehicles.
- Relief batching.
- Communicating with drivers, customers and sub-contractors.
- Dealing with and processing customer enquiries within transport management software.
- Provide quotations for customers.
- Assist drivers with job information and trouble shoot problems.
- Ordering materials.
- Previous experience working within the concrete industry.
- Experience in the planning and shipping of concrete.
- Previous experience of batching concrete.
- Knowledge of testing concrete and quality control.
- Strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Office based IT including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Adaptable and resilient in a pressurised environment.
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ambitious, organised and driven.
- The ability to build relationships with customers.
- Machine operator experience an advantage.
- Experience in producing concrete panels an advantage.
This job is based in Thirsk, please check your travelling times before you apply.
Job Type: Full-time