ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR / QUANTITY SURVEYOR
The Groundworks Division has developed organically into a significant facet of Biker Group, with the resources to undertake a current portfolio of multiple sites ranging from 40 – 350+ plot multi-phased developments.
The Division undertakes work for both public and private sector, but the majority of their projects are on a preferred supplier basis for national housebuilders within Yorkshire and North Eastern England, which we have undertaken for over 40 years.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to provide a variety of commercial support within the current team.
- Salary: Up to £25,000.00 per year.
- 33 days holiday per year. This includes the 8 statutory public/bank holidays as normally recognised in England.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Training and progression.
Day To Day
- Assisting in all aspects of the estimating and tendering process for Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects largely within the Housing/ Commercial and Industrial sector.
- Assist in all Commercial aspects of the projects from tender stage through to completion and final accounts.
- Measure and value work.
- Ensuring the correct allocation of labour and plant plus the procurement of materials.
- Maintaining professional and cost-effective control of procurement and labour including subcontractors.
- Reporting to the Senior QS/ Estimator and forming a key link between the production team and clients in terms of project specifics and requirements.
- Liaise with our client’s commercial teams and attend site meetings as required.
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt.
- Identifying and producing variations to contracts.
- Preparation & submission of invoices & final accounts for project works.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and other project professionals.
- Pursue opportunities to obtain new tender documents – Business Development.
- High standard of knowledge in quantity surveying and estimating of Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects with experience in large scale Housing developments preferable.
- Able to work as part of a team focused on producing fast paced projects managed safely, on time and to budget.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract, especially the JCT contract range.
- Experience of estimating software including earthworks packages and AutoCAD.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with a strong understanding of the importance of ensuring that all commercial documentation is produced and submitted to the highest of standards.
- To be self-motivated with the ability to use and work under own initiative.
- The ability to respond promptly to external and internal demands.
- Demonstrate clear commercial awareness.
This job is based in Thirsk, please check your travelling times before you apply.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent